COVID-19: Small Business & Community Resources
• The Wellfleet Marketplace is taking phone orders and offering curbside pick-up for those who are self-quarantining, high-risk or otherwise unable to shop in person, call for more information: 508-349-3156. They will also be open every day from 9-10am for people who are 60+ years only.
• Common Table at Fox and Crow Cafe is a newly formed, all volunteer-run non-profit founded by Bruce Bierhans, Trudy Vermehren and Scot Besiak that was born in response to COVID-19. Their primary mission is to prepare and distribute food and prepared meals to those in need in the community. Common Table meals are available for delivery only, Monday-Saturday from 8-10am. Meals are free for everyone (kids, adults, seniors), no questions asked. Email [email protected] to make delivery arrangements and keep up with them on Facebook for all updates.
• Lower Cape Outreach Council provides short-term emergency food, clothing and financial assistance to residents of the Lower and Outer Cape and has prepared a COVID-19 resource page. Visit their website for info on how to apply for assistance.
• The Wellfleet Food Pantry has teamed up with Lower Cape Outreach Council to host a community drive-thru food pantry on 4/9 and 4/23 at Grace Chapel in S. Wellfleet. Also, anyone can drive through LCOC in Orleans for food on Mondays from 10a-12p in April. Visit the LCOC website for schedule and details.
• Wellfleet SPAT has released a new “Community Food Share” program to purchase shellfish from local harvesters while also providing food to local families
• Sustainable Cape has complied a list of what Cape Cod growers are offering, including farms who accept HIP & SNAP. This list will be updated as we gather more information from farms.
• Nauset Public Schools are providing food access to students via Wellfleet Elementary School.
• Outer Cape Health Services in Wellfleet, Provincetown and Harwich Port are still seeing patients for primary, walk-in and specialty care. When possible as an alternative to in-person visits, telemedicine/telehealth appointments are available to both primary care and behavioral health patients via the use of telephonic and/or video devices.
• Area residents looking for information about testing and other medical advice can visit the Cape Cod Healthcare Coronavirus page.
• Barnstable County Health regularly maintains their page with hyper local information and updates.
• The Wellfleet Housing Authority and the Local Housing Partnership have set up a dedicated Housing Information Line to help meet your housing needs. Call the Wellfleet Housing Info Line at 508-419-4490. The Answering service is available 24/7. Leave your message and they’ll call you back within 24 hours. Visit the web site at www.wellfleetaffordablehousing.org or send us email to [email protected]
• Housing Assistance Corporation on Cape Cod (HAC) can help connect you with local and state resources for rental assistance and mortgage help.
• Cape Cod & Islands Major Crisis Relief Fund provides humanitarian aid to local individuals and families.
• SNAP Benefits (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) are available to households who qualify.
• Wellfleet Preservation Hall has gathered an extensive list of resources, including health & wellness, exercise & fitness, music & theater, activities for kids– and more.
(Is there a community resource missing from this list? Send us a message at [email protected])